Have you ever wondered how to give more? Manna House is a proud participant in the Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) program. Give $500 or more to Manna House, and you may be eligible for state income tax credits worth 50% of your gift!
- Manna House has a limited number of state tax credits to distribute to its donors from now until 12/31/17
- Eligible donors will receive state income tax credits worth 50% of their donation for donations of $500 or more.
- The credits may be used against income tax liability for the next 5 years.
- Individuals that reside in Maryland at least 183 days a year and pay Maryland income taxes
- Businesses that do business in Maryland and have tax liability in Maryland
- A donation or cumulative donations totaling $500 during the donor’s tax year (calendar year for individuals, fiscal year for businesses)
- Donations and complete donor form must be received by Manna House by 12/31/17.
- If the donation is made through PayPal, the donor should cover the processing fee so the total amount of the donation equals $500 or more.
Benefits for Maryland Businesses
- Manna House will thank you on the homepage of our website.
- Manna House will thank you on our social media pages, which will reach over 200 individuals on Facebook and Twitter.
- Before sending your donation, notify Saleem Gauhar at email@example.com or at 410-889-3001 of your intent to participate.
- Send a check or make a credit card payment to Manna House.
- Send original donor certification form along with your payment or within 2 weeks of the date of the check or PayPal payment. Make sure the date on the certification form is the same date or later than your payment.
- Provide only the social security number of one person who will receive the tax credit
- Manna House will send original paperwork to the Department of Housing and Community Development
- The Department of Housing and Community Development will finalize and send the donor the signed certification form for tax documentation
- The donor will file the State-certified CITC document along with his/her tax returns.
Important to know:
- The Department of Housing and Community Development takes at least six weeks to process donor paperwork. However, they may take longer depending on volume.
- Tax credits may be used against your Maryland income tax liability for the next 5 years.
- Visit the CITC website http://www.neighborhoodrevitalization.org/programs/citc/citc.aspx for more information.